Programs and Services
Health Home Care Management
What is Health Home Care Management?
A Health Home is a community based care management service model whereby all of a child’s caregivers & providers communicate with one another so that all of the social, physical, and behavioral needs are addressed in a comprehensive manner.
This is done by dedicated Care Manager who oversees the child’s care and provides support and access to all the services needed to keep the child healthy & out of the hospital.
Who is eligible?
- Age: newborn up to 21 years
- Need for Care Management
- With qualifying conditions
- 2+ chronic medical conditions
- 1 developmental disability and 1+ chronic medical or mental health conditions
- Serious emotional disturbance
- Complex Trauma Determination
What Does Care Management Look Like?
- Preventative support
- Care coordination
- Communication between providers
- Team approach
- Systems navigation & advocacy
- Referrals to community programs
- Appointment reminders
- Emergency assistance
- Empowerment & health education
- Comprehensive assessments (strengths, needs, barriers)
- Team meetings
- Routine collaboration with team including family
- After-hours support
For information on Vanderheyden's In-Home Services for Children: Health Home Care Management
- Office: (518) 833-4951
- Fax: (518) 238-3882